Thursday, September 23, 2010

Summer's Memories


I finished this piece in May 2010.This was a piece inspired by a lucid dream I had that set in a summer setting a while ago. A dream I hope to make into a long one-shot comic eventually. All I can say is that it felt like a long journey through time and then back to the place where it all started to than wake up into reality only to find it isn't really true but another dream within a dream. I feel like I can relate to Nemo (Little Nemo in Slumberland by Winsor McKay) and than some. It felt really bittersweet and nostalgic, both joyful and painful, and yet I feel the words I used to describe it isn't quite the best way to portray it. It's fascinating how powerful dreams can cast a spell on the human mind, isn't it? It's like magic in a sense. :child-like grin: Both frightening yet breathe taking and beautiful. At least, I feel it to be this.


Media: Texture, pencil and photoshop

Copyrights: All rights belong to J.S. Choi (C) DO NOT USE!

1 comment:

  1. hola te queria transmitir mi admiracion por lo que haces,me gusta mucho tu estio!un abrazo!

    ReplyDelete